The Museum of African American History is committed to providing educational, meaningful, and valuable internship experiences to college and graduate students in the fields of History, Museum Studies, Museum Education, Marketing, Non-Profit Administration, Management, Hospitality, and more.
Internships are offered during the Spring, Summer, and Fall Terms and will be advertised on this page according to the following (approximate) schedule:
- Spring internships will be advertised in December and take place between January and May.
- Summer internships will be advertised in May and take place between June and August.
- Fall internships will be advertised in August and take place between September and December.
The Museum of African American History invites you to make a difference by becoming a volunteer.
As a volunteer, you will be a valuable asset to the MAAH staff and a vital part of our team. Volunteers will have the opportunity to contribute to a range of activities at the Museum and tasks may include, but are not limited to:
- Interacting with visitors on-site at the Museum
- Greeting visitors and providing information at the Museum's Welcome Center
- Helping to facilitate special events, public programs, and rentals at the Museum
- Helping at major fundraisers such as the Living Legends Gala
- Supporting the Museum staff on major mailing campaigns
Benefits of Volunteering:
- Direct contribution to a non-profit organization
- Museum Store discount
- Unique work environment
- Community Service hours
- Flexible schedule
For more information, please contact Diana Parcon at email@example.com or 617-725-0022 Ext. 216