The Museum of African American History is committed to providing educational, meaningful, and valuable internship experiences to college and graduate students in the fields of History, Museum Studies, Museum Education, Marketing, Non-Profit Administration, Management, Hospitality, and more.
Internships may be offered during the Spring, Summer, and Fall Terms and will vary by semester. All open positions will be advertised on this page according to the following approximate schedule:
- Spring internships will be advertised in December and take place between
January and May.
- Summer internships will be advertised in May and take place between
June and August.
- Fall internships will be advertised in August and take place between
September and December.
The Museum of African American History invites you to lend your support and make a difference by becoming a volunteer.
As a volunteer, you will be a valuable asset to the MAAH staff and a vital part of our team. Volunteers will have the opportunity to contribute to a range of activities at the Museum and tasks may include, but are not limited to:
- Interacting with visitors on-site at the Museum
- Greeting visitors and providing information at the Museum's Welcome Center
- Helping to facilitate special events, public programs, and rentals at the Museum
- Helping at major fundraisers such as the Living Legends Gala
- Supporting the Museum staff on major mailing campaigns
Benefits of Volunteering:
- Direct contribution to a non-profit organization
- Museum Store discount
- Unique work environment
- Community Service hours
- Flexible schedule